Go back to blog
The Gruffalo Spotters 2 App at Illawarra Fly
- Monday October 12th 2020
- school holidays
Discover The Gruffalo Spotters 2 App on the trail of our Treetop Walk on your next visit! This second version of the Gruffalo Spotters App has additional features and new gesture-recognition technology making the experience truly interactive, including video recording and selfie mode!
On the trail families can interact with the 3D characters from the film on the self-led trails, which are also packed with fantastic facts about forest animals, and fun activities. Through cutting-edge face and body recognition technology, the characters now look at the children directly, encouraging them to play along. If you roar, the Gruffalo roars back!
Photographs can be saved on your device and you can also create mini-movies of your time with the characters that can all be shared using the #GruffaloSpotters hashtag. The final new feature is selfie mode, so you can get a brilliant close up with the main characters, The Gruffalo and Mouse!
HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE APP
We advise all guests to download The Gruffalo Spotters 2 App prior to visiting Illawarra Fly. This App is free for both Apple and Android users.
SAVING YOUR APP PHOTOS
Before you embark on The Gruffalo Spotters trail, please ensure you have allowed the App access to your storage. To see if your settings are correct, please click here and follow the instructions.
The Gruffalo © 1999 & TM Julia Donaldson / Axel Scheffler. Licensed by Magic Light Pictures Ltd. Developed in partnership with Forestry England.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- We are open Thursday to Sunday (closed Monday to Wednesday).
- Open hours from 10am - 5pm (last entry 4pm).
- Booking online is essential. We've reduced our Treetop Walk and Zipline Tour capacity. Booking online includes pre-paying and selecting the date and time slot of your visit.
- We are cashless - please ensure you bring your card for on-site purchases.
- We ask all staff and guests to practice social distancing and make use of the hygiene stations at the attraction.
For more information on our health and safety measures and updates click here.