1. All persons entering Illawarra Fly Treetop Adventures are admitted subject to the following Attraction Regulations. Any person who does not comply with these Regulations may be removed from the Attraction by either Illawarra Fly Treetop Adventures Personnel/Staff or Police Officers.
2. Illawarra Fly Treetop Adventures reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse admission to the Attraction, ban from entry to the Attraction or remove from the Attraction any person who:
- 2.1 Has been convicted of a criminal offence, which, in the opinion of Illawarra Fly Treetop Adventures is likely to affect the enjoyment of other visitors.
- 2.2 Has behaved in the Attraction in a manner, which, in the opinion of Illawarra Fly Treetop Adventures, has, or is likely to affect the enjoyment of other visitors.
- 2.3 Uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or in any way provokes or behaves in a manner, which may provoke a breach of the peace.
- 2.4 Does not follow the written or verbal safety instructions or behaves in a manner which may endanger the safety of the individual or other visitors in the Attraction.
- 2.5 Is operating under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- 2.6 There is to be no smoking on the premise at any time.
- 2.7 No dogs are allowed past the Visitors Centre, unless they are a Guide Dog or Assistant Dog (see point 8 below). This is for the health and safety of your dog as they are susceptible to catching mange disease from our wombats that frequent the area.
3. By entering this property and participating in our activities (both Treetop Walk and Zipline), you acknowledge the associated risks involved. In the event you sustain a loss of property or personal injury or death, you hereby agree to absolve the company and all staff from any liability whatsoever and are unable to sue the provider for this loss relating to personal injury or death.
- 3.1 A waiver form must be signed prior to participating in the Zipline which also reinforces the above statement
4. All bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- 4.1 Foreign exchange fees may be applied to some transactions at the discretion of the guest's bank or card issuer. Domestic guests with queries regarding foreign exchange fees can contact the attraction using the contact details provided on the website.
5. Illawarra Fly Treetop Adventures accepts companion cards. Companion Cards are given to individuals with a permanent disability who always need a companion (carer).
- 5.1 Individuals with Companion Cards receive free admission for their carer’s.
- 5.2 Guests who have a permanent disability are eligible for 30% off Treetop Walk admission.
- 6.1 Safety Measures: In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, we have introduced specific safety measures at each of our Attractions in an effort to safeguard the health, safety and wellbeing of persons visiting our Attractions.
- 6.2 Visitor Requirements: The safety measures put in place in response to the Covid-19 pandemic are there to safeguard the safety and wellbeing of all guests visiting our Attraction. It is in the interest of everyone at our Attraction to comply with the safety measures that have been put in place. Therefore, should an individual not comply with these safety measures, we reserve the right to require that individual to leave the Attraction in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- 6.3 Acceptance of risk: The safety measures that are being and have been introduced are intended to minimise the risk of contracting the Covid-19 virus but this risk cannot be completely eradicated. Therefore, anyone visiting our Attractions acknowledges that they do so at their own risk.
7. Loose Item Policy:
The Visitor Centre has complimentary secure lockers for anything you wish to leave on the ground. Anything that you wear (jewellery, watches, glasses, sunglasses) or decide to bring (mobile phones, wallets, keys, cameras, GoPros, asthma inhalers or other medical requirements) on tour are completely at your own risk. If anything falls out of your pocket or you drop anything whilst using it, unfortunately it cannot be recovered from the forest floor.
8. Guide Dogs and Assistance Animals:
Guide Dogs and Assistance Animals are permitted in accordance with section 9 of the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 (Cth). We reserve the right to exercise any exemptions under the Act, including if we suspect that the assistance animal has an infectious disease that may affect other patrons or the health of our animals. We also reserve the right to require evidence relating to your assistance animal or its training in accordance with section 54A(5) of the Act. To facilitate your ease of entry with an assistance animal, we strongly recommended you contact us at least 2 days prior to your visit so that we can discuss any arrangements or assistance that you may need from us.
Please be advise that due to the nature of our attraction being outdoors and in a rainforest, your dog may be susceptible to catching mange disease from our wombats that frequent the area.
8.Our liability to you:
Claims Notification Enquiries.
The UK Employers Liability Insurance Policy and the Global Public Liability Insurance Policy are both held with Chubb European Group Limited under Policy Number UKCANC33447.
Claims are administered by Sedgwick and should be submitted via the claims portal. The portal ID is D00029.
If you do not have access to the claims portal, claims should be submitted to Merlin@uk.sedgwick.com
View Guarantee Ticket
- View Guarantee initiative start date 1st February 2020.
- When a guest’s visit to the Illawarra Fly Treetop Walk does not allow them to see out to the coastline, they will be offered a ticket to revisit at 50% off full price admission ticket.
- This ticket is for 50% off the exact same value as initially purchased. Adult ticket for adult and child for child only.
- Valid for any date within 12 months from View Guarantee ticket issued.
- To be used for Illawarra Fly Treetop Walk only.
- View Guarantee ticket valid once only, cannot be supplied a second ticket.
- Valid for Buy One Get One Free Promos (e.g entertainment book).
- Not valid for Merlin Annual Pass Holders.
- View Guarantee tickets will be supplied based on staffs discretion and deemed view visibility on the day.
- View Guarantee tickets will only be issued by staff onsite of the day visited; they will not be available online.
Policies for all 'Tours' (Zipline, Sunrise and After Dark Zipline Tour)
Refunds and Transfers
Your booking is non-refundable and non-transferable. Your purchase is for a specific time & date. If you are late for your scheduled tour, we cannot hold the tour for you. If a reschedule is necessary, you have the option to pay a $10.00 Reschedule Fee per person (See ‘Reschedule Fee’ for more information). Changes of date or time of your booked tour can only be made if there is availability. Refunds will be offered as per “weather” section or under extenuating circumstances. There are no refunds for change of mind for inability to complete the course.
Checking In & Late Arrivals
It is recommended for you to arrive no later than 15 minutes prior to your tour time to check in. If you are late for your scheduled tour time, we cannot hold the tour for you. Failure to arrive during this “check in” time will most likely result in missing your tour and result in forfeiting your booking & it cannot be refunded or transferred. You will have the option to pay the $10.00 Reschedule Fee per person (See ‘Reschedule Fee’ for more information) if you would not like to forfeit your booking.
Tip: Please research where we are and your travel time - allow enough time to reach us.
An optional reschedule fee of $10.00 (per person) can be paid if:
- you are running late for your tour time on the day of your experience
- you have a Change of Mind due to personal circumstances
- you get stuck in traffic and experience considerable delays as a result
- the weather conditions are not suited to your personal preference
By paying this $10.00 Reschedule Fee per person, you are allowed to make amendments to your tour date & time for anything up to 3 months from date of the original booking. Your new tour date and time is subject to availability.
All reschedules and reschedule enquiries are to be made by contacting Illawarra Fly directly by phone on (02) 4885 1010 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All Reschedule Fees and reschedule enquiries are handled directly by Illawarra Fly Treetop Adventures and not by any of our 3rd Party Ticket Resellers.
Illawarra Fly will accept reschedule requests that occur AT LEAST 5 days prior to a booking, however anything within 5 days of a tour date and time will incur a reschedule fee.
General ticket and booking information
- One Ticket purchased entitles one person entry to the Attraction on a single occasion
- Tickets can be purchased on our website, from 3rd party resellers and walk up.
- Out of hours Tours (Sunrise Tour and After Dark Zipline Tour) tickets:
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of purchase. Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience.
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted. Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction. For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher.
- For these out of hours Tours, we require a minimum of 6 people in order to proceed with the tour. If we do not get these number, an email will be sent out 3 days prior to, to inform you of this cancellation. In the event of this happening, we are happy to reschedule this tour for another available tour time or refund your ticket completely.
Illawarra Fly Zipline Tour operates in all weather conditions. Yes, we will go out in the rain and hail.
Tour operations will only be cancelled in extreme weather conditions such as lightning storms, extremely high winds and government declared catastrophic bushfire weather warning days.
Tours will be postponed or cancelled at our discretion only.
We will offer an alternative departure date/time in consultation with you if the scheduled tour has been affected by these circumstances. If the weather conditions are not suited to your personal preference, you have the option to pay the $10.00 Reschedule Fee per person to pick another day for your experience (see ‘Reschedule Fee’ for more information).
Zipline Tour and After Dark Zipline Tour
IS THIS TOUR FOR YOU?
1. The Tour has been designed for persons of good health, that are comfortable of the thought of being at heights, have a reasonable degree of physical ability and a capacity to understand and adhere to basic safety instructions (including understanding English or have a translator on the tour with them).
2. The Tour has not been designed for persons;
- Who are beyond the first trimester of pregnancy (risk of abdominal trauma).
- Who suffer from vertigo or extreme fears of heights.
- Who have heart conditions.
- Who are legally blind, missing limbs or have other limiting disabilities.
- Who have ankle, knee, hip injuries that can be exacerbated by performing the landings we require of them (reclined seated position to full weight standing, similar to arriving to the top of a chairlift when snow skiing).
- Who have spinal (including neck) or any other physical conditions that can be exacerbated by harness pressure, twisting or bending, strong/awkward landings An individual should seek medical advice from their doctor should there be any doubt as to their ability to safely accommodate any stressors associated with the Zipline Tour.
3. You will be required to sign a declaration and waiver and you will need to satisfy our terms of trade.
4. Prior to your booking, it is important for you to consider any health or medical matters that may impact your ability to complete our Zipline Tours.
5. Illawarra Fly reserves the right to decline your participation in the tour, if we believe you could put yourself or others into a compromised position as a result of any illnesses or ailments.
6. Zipline Tour participants agree to comply with all requirements of safety, signage and anything other directions as designated by the supplier. Any non-compliance of such safety, signage and directions, including reckless or careless conduct by Zipline Tour participants, may lead to cancellation of participants inclusion in the Zipline activity.
7. If you are at all unsure about your ability or have restricted mobility, medical conditions or any disabilities which you are concerned about to successfully complete a Zipline Tour, please contact us to discuss your requirements prior to your booking & we’d be happy to help.
- Our maximum weight restriction for any single adult is 117kg (fully clothed).
- Our minimum height for children to participate is 105cm (natural) and they must be at least 4yrs old for safety reasons (as well as length of tour time, exposure to weather, toilet needs).
- All children under 13yrs need to be accompanied on the tour by an adult.
- Children between 13-18yrs, who can abide by the safety rules, are able to Zipline without adult supervision, however their waiver MUST be signed by a parent/guardian over the age of 18yrs and the parent/guardian MUST attend the safety briefing and remain onsite for the tour duration. This decision will always be at the Tour Guides discretion.
- Children between 13-18yrs are unable to be guardians for anyone under 13yrs on tour.
CAMERAS AND OTHER ITEMS
The Visitor Centre has complimentary secure lockers for all of your loose items as they are not permitted on the Zipline Tour. This includes mobile phones, wallets, keys and sunglasses. Anything that you wear (jewellery, watches, glasses) on tour are completely at your own risk. If anything was to fall or come off your body e.g earrings, unfortunately it cannot be recovered from the forest floor. If you have medical needs that require you to bring something (e.g asthma inhalers, EpiPens or other medical requirements), please let us know.
Some compact cameras are permitted (at the discretion of your Tour Guide) and are best attached to your harness with its own wrist strap or kept fitted in a zipped chest or leg pocket due to the harness strap around the waist. Large cameras/video cameras are not permitted as this compromises the safety of your flight. Any item taken on the course must be secured to either yourself or your harness for the entire duration of the trip.
Tour Times and Bookings
We operate with specific Tour times throughout the day, depending on the season. Bookings are essential and to avoid disappointment we strongly recommend you advance your planning to book with us online at www.illawarrafly.com.au (…and get a discount if booking 24hrs ahead). The discounted online prices do not apply for the day of booking and full price will be applied for all pre-bookings and walk-up bookings.
Our availability calendar and tour times scheduled for each day are listed on our website.
You will need to have 1.5hrs in your day to be able to participate in the Zipline Tour, this is from the time your tour is scheduled to start to your return to the Visitor Centre, as the course consists of 3 cabled Ziplines and 2 cabled Suspension Bridges tucked amongst our beautiful Rainforest.
The 1.5hr Zipline Tour breaks down into a 20-25min safety briefing & harness fit with the Guides, a 5-10min walk down a medium grade track to get to the start of the Zipline Course, up to 45mins clipped in enjoying the treetops from a different perspective and remaining with your group from departure to touchdown, and then finally about 10 minute walk back up to the Visitor Centre or continue directly on to the self-guided Treetop Walk.
If you wish to do the Treetop Walk (which is inclusive of your ticket price) you will need to allow at least 2.5hrs in your day to enjoy both activities.
Please note last entry to the Treetop Walk is 4pm, so if you are participating in a Zipline Tour any time after 2.30pm, you will not have time to do the Treetop walk after your Zipline Tour.
Therefore, plan to arrive with enough time before your scheduled afternoon Zipline Tour to complete the 1hr self-guided walk prior to Ziplining.