Illawarra Fly Is OPEN!
Safety is our number one priority. It’s ingrained in all we do and central to our values and principles. We call this safety-first approach Protecting the Magic.
Our mission is to create truly memorable experience and we place the utmost importance on the safety and well-being of our guests and employees. We have introduced a range of new health and safety measures that seek to reduce the risk associated with the presence of COVID-19 that are in line with government advice and the requirements of local health authorities.
Prior to your arrival
- Please make sure you have made your booking online, where possible. This includes pre-paying and selecting the date and timeslot of your visit.
- Our valued Annual Pass members can pre-book their timeslot here. We have extended Annual Passes to ensure you can still enjoy an entire year of visiting Illawarra Fly.
- Before leaving home, please check our Facebook page or website for the latest information.
- Please be ready to make on-site payments using a ‘contactless’ bank card, rather than cash.
- We politely request that you refrain from visiting our attraction should you start displaying any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19 including cold/flu symptoms. Please contact us via 02 4885 1010 should you need to amend your booking.
- Please note all those participating on our Zipline Tours will be required to temperature check and wear face masks due to the nature of the tour and being in close proximity to others.
- We have significantly reduced the daily ticketed capacity to allow for social distancing and the best possible guest experience.
- From January 1st 2021 we will be requiring guests to sign in using the Service NSW app whenever on site. This is to help in the event of contact tracing if required and to support the great work that the NSW Government authorities have already been doing during this time. We recommend to download the app beforehand to make it a quicker process.
- Guests will notice new information signage informing them of key safety messages and instructions.
- Please note that from Monday, March 29th 2021 masks will not be mandatory on our Zipline Tour and it is up to the individual if they wish to wear one whilst participating on the tour due to the close proximity to others.
Social distancing measures within our attraction
- We have introduced new arrangements for the application of social distancing within queues. Clear markers or signage have been installed in our building entry and café to help guests keep a safe distance from one another. Our employees will monitor the space to ensure that social distancing is being maintained.
- We have introduced new arrangements for the application of social distancing in our cafe area. Tables and chairs have been reconfigured to ensure enough distance between seated parties. In areas where strangers are seated together, seats will be removed or blocked to ensure there is a suitable gap between guests.
- We have introduced new capacity limits and timeslots. These restrictions will help ensure there is plenty of room for social distancing.
- Zipline Tours will be a maximum of 8 zipliners per tour.
- We have installed hygiene screens at our service counters to help physically separate guests from employees.
- We have revised some of our standard operating protocols in order to reduce the proximity of our employees to guests. For example, this includes the way in which we undertake guest service activities.
Hygiene and disinfection measures within our attraction
- We have introduced enhanced cleaning measures, throughout the day, which seek to disinfect high-frequency touch points, such as tables and chairs, service counters, grab and flush handles, door handles/plates and taps.
- We have introduced new deep cleaning measures in the event that a person presents themselves with symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
- We have introduced several hygiene stations/hand sanitiser dispensers around the attraction for guests to use.
- We have introduced new Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements for a range of activities that employees routinely perform. These include face masks, disposable gloves, eye protection and hand sanitiser. The use of such equipment and clothing by our employees is both to protect them and our guests.
- As with our employees, we politely request that all our guests uphold the highest possible hygiene standards – whether it be when sneezing or coughing, through regular hand washing or the frequent application of hand sanitiser.
- Our employees now participate in COVID-19 specific training programmes instructing them how to stay safe as well as how to keep our guests safe.
We hope these new health and safety measures provide our guests with confidence and eagerness to us. These are unprecedented times for all communities around the world, and whilst every effort is being taken to protect the safety and well-being of our guests, everyone should inform themselves of the risks, conditions and personal responsibilities before they visit.
What is Protecting the Magic?
At Merlin Entertainments Protecting the Magic is about driving a positive, proactive culture of safety across all our attractions. It helps our leaders, people and business partners identify and manage risks effectively, prevent accidents and deliver unforgettable guest experiences.
We focus all our energy on looking after our guests, colleagues, contractors and the animals in our care. Our mission is clear – to always ensure we're Protecting the Magic every day through world class people and practices.