We are now taking bookings for re-opening!
The NSW Government has announced that businesses can now plan to reopen in October, once the state reaches certain vaccination rates. In line with this guidance, Illawarra Fly are excited to be working towards a reopening date of 25th of October, for guests who are fully vaccinated guests only (note: children under 15 years & guests with medical exemptions will not need to be vaccinated to visit).
We continue to implement a range of health & safety measures that are in line with Government advice, and all of our plans and visitation guidelines are subject to NSW Health Orders at the time of reopening.
If you find yourself in the unfortunate case of purchasing a ticket & needing to postpone your visit due to Covid restrictions, we will honour your tickets for 60 days from the date of our re-opening.
Vaccination Information and FAQ's
We understand these times are completely unprecedented and there are probably a lot of questions. Please see below our FAQ section in relation to COVID vaccinations.
We are excited about opening our attractions in line with Government guidance. This guidance stipulates that only fully vaccinated adults may enter indoor entertainment venues and our attractions fall under this category. It’s important that we follow these guidelines to operate safely, along with a range of other measures we have put in place.
Only fully vaccinated people, children under 15 years & guests with exemptions are permitted to enter our attractions, according to current Government guidance. Unfortunately, we cannot make exceptions for those who have received one vaccination; however, our bookings team is happy to work with you to rearrange a date for your visit once you have become fully vaccinated.
Merlin requires all staff members on site will need to be fully vaccinated in line with government guidance. This will not only keep our staff as safe as possible but also the thousands of guests entering our attractions each day.
We are offering paid vaccination leave to our staff so that everyone has the opportunity to receive their vaccinations.
You will be required to provide proof of double vaccination with one of the following documents:
- A COVID-19 digital certificate
You can download your COVID-19 digital certificate using:
You can add your COVID-19 digital certificate to your smartphone Apple Wallet or Google Pay. Instructions are available on the Services Australia website.
- Immunisation history statement
Your immunisation history statement shows all vaccinations you have had that are recorded on the Australian Immunisation Register. This includes your COVID-19 vaccinations.
You can get a copy of your immunisation history statement on:
Instructions are available on the Services Australia website.
- If you can’t get proof of your vaccination online or you don’t have a Medicare card
- Call the Australian Immunisation Register on 1800 653 809 (8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday) and ask for your immunisation history statement to be posted to you. It can take up to 14 days to arrive in the post.
NOTE: We are expecting the government to announce an upgrade to the Service NSW app which will allow guests to both check-in and show confirmation of being fully vaccinated. Our current stipulations are subject to change in line with government advice.
Children over the age of 15 years are required to be double vaccinated unless they have a medical exemption.
According to Government guidelines, masks will remain mandatory for all indoor public venues, including our attractions. Children under 12 will not need to wear a mask at our attractions.
Postponing your visit
Please note due to the changing Covid situation, we are honouring all tickets booked until 31st December 2021.
If you have pre-purchased tickets and would like to visit our attraction when we reopen, please ensure you pre-book a timeslot here.
If you have any further questions please reach out to our team for assistance.
Face Masks are Mandatory
In line with the most recent NSW health advice on Covid-19, Illawarra Fly will be closed from midnight Saturday 26th June until 11:59pm Friday 30th July.
A face covering is not mandatory in our indoor attractions under some circumstances including:
- Infants and children under the age of 12 years but it is encouraged that children wear a mask where practicable.
- A person who is affected by a relevant medical condition, including problems with their breathing, a serious condition of the face, a disability or a mental health condition
- Persons who are deaf or hard of hearing, where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication
- When consuming food, drink or medication
For latest updates in regards to the guidelines about face coverings please monitor the NSW Department of Health website.
The public health order indicates that you are exempt from wearing a mask if you have a medical excuse. This includes, but not limited to, if you have a physical or mental health illness or condition, or disability, that makes wearing a mask unsuitable (for example, a skin condition, an intellectual disability, autism or trauma).
Please let our staff know if you have a medical exemption upon your arrival.
It is recommended by the Chief Health Officer that masks be a "fitted face covering" that fits securely around the face, it must be designed to be worn over the nose and mouth.
Scarfs or bandanas are not recommended and when wearing a single-use mask, please consider the responsible disposal of it by putting it in the rubbish bin after using it once.
Staff will wear a face mask at our attractions in accordance with the State Government recommendations.
Prior to your arrival
- Please make sure you have made your booking online, where possible. This includes pre-paying and selecting the date and timeslot of your visit.
- Our valued Annual Pass members can pre-book their timeslot here. We have extended Annual Passes to ensure you can still enjoy an entire year of visiting Illawarra Fly.
- Before leaving home, please check our Facebook page or website for the latest information.
- Please be ready to make on-site payments using a ‘contactless’ bank card, rather than cash.
- We politely request that you refrain from visiting our attraction should you start displaying any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19 including cold/flu symptoms. Please contact us via 02 4885 1010 should you need to amend your booking.
- We have significantly reduced the daily ticketed capacity to allow for social distancing and the best possible guest experience.
- From January 1st 2021 we will be requiring guests to sign in using the Service NSW app whenever on site. This is to help in the event of contact tracing if required and to support the great work that the NSW Government authorities have already been doing during this time. We recommend to download the app beforehand to make it a quicker process.
- Guests will notice new information signage informing them of key safety messages and instructions.
- All guests participating on a Zipline Tour must wear a mask.
Social distancing measures within our attraction
- We have introduced new arrangements for the application of social distancing within queues. Clear markers or signage have been installed in our building entry and café to help guests keep a safe distance from one another. Our employees will monitor the space to ensure that social distancing is being maintained.
- We have introduced new arrangements for the application of social distancing in our cafe area. Tables and chairs have been reconfigured to ensure enough distance between seated parties. In areas where strangers are seated together, seats will be removed or blocked to ensure there is a suitable gap between guests.
- We have introduced new capacity limits and timeslots. These restrictions will help ensure there is plenty of room for social distancing.
- Zipline Tours will be a maximum of 8 zipliners per tour.
- We have installed hygiene screens at our service counters to help physically separate guests from employees.
- We have revised some of our standard operating protocols in order to reduce the proximity of our employees to guests. For example, this includes the way in which we undertake guest service activities.
Hygiene and disinfection measures within our attraction
- We have introduced enhanced cleaning measures, throughout the day, which seek to disinfect high-frequency touch points, such as tables and chairs, service counters, grab and flush handles, door handles/plates and taps.
- We have introduced new deep cleaning measures in the event that a person presents themselves with symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
- We have introduced several hygiene stations/hand sanitiser dispensers around the attraction for guests to use.
- We have introduced new Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements for a range of activities that employees routinely perform. These include face masks, disposable gloves, eye protection and hand sanitiser. The use of such equipment and clothing by our employees is both to protect them and our guests.
- As with our employees, we politely request that all our guests uphold the highest possible hygiene standards – whether it be when sneezing or coughing, through regular hand washing or the frequent application of hand sanitiser.
- Our employees now participate in COVID-19 specific training programmes instructing them how to stay safe as well as how to keep our guests safe.
We hope these new health and safety measures provide our guests with confidence and eagerness to us. These are unprecedented times for all communities around the world, and whilst every effort is being taken to protect the safety and well-being of our guests, everyone should inform themselves of the risks, conditions and personal responsibilities before they visit.
What is Protecting the Magic?
At Merlin Entertainments Protecting the Magic is about driving a positive, proactive culture of safety across all our attractions. It helps our leaders, people and business partners identify and manage risks effectively, prevent accidents and deliver unforgettable guest experiences.
We focus all our energy on looking after our guests, colleagues, contractors and the animals in our care. Our mission is clear – to always ensure we're Protecting the Magic every day through world class people and practices.